Focus on equity investments of typically EUR 3 m to EUR 30 m in small & mid-sized businesses in the DACH-region combined with the experience of more than 100 transactions.
Ownership successions, corporate spin-offs, changes in the shareholder structure, special situations with increased complexity including (very selectively) underperformance situations, and growth financing
Strong focus on worldwide growth potential and buy&build opportunities (markets with consolidation potential). We support building defensible market positions, recurring revenues and premium products
Controlling equity stake (MBO / LBO) and board seats along with strong management teams
We focus on the DACH-region, especially Germany, but seek global add-ons. Our offices are located in Frankfurt and Munich
The highly experienced HBL partners consistently built their successful track record in the German small / mid cap market.
Dr. Peter Hammermann
Jens Bender and Jörg Leussink founded the small- and mid-cap corporate finance advisory firm in 2012 after having worked at Bankhaus Metzler and Commerzbank for over a decade. cf:M is focused on small- and mid-cap M&A-advisory in the DACH-region.
To complement cf:M’s service offering and to further professionalize the investment business with family offices, HBL InvestmentPartners GmbH was founded in 2018 together with Dr. Peter Hammermann, one of the pioneers of the private equity business in German-speaking countries over the past 20 years.
In July 2018, the partners closed their first investment with the acquisition of TCT TechnikCentrum Thale GmbH. Since then, three further investments have been made.
- Exceptional small and mid-cap DACH private equity market presence
- 25 years of exceptional market position
- Consistent above-average performance
- Unique deal flow set-up
- Typical equity investments between EUR 3 m to EUR 30 m – specific cases may exceed this amount
- Strong focus on (worldwide) growth potential and buy&build opportunities (consolidation potential)
- Experienced and entrepreneurial management
- Controlling equity stake (MBO / LBO) with board seats
- Defensible market positions, recurring revenues, & premium products
- Focus on DACH-region, especially Germany, neighboring countries on an opportunistic basis